Australian Government Land and Coasts (AGLC) is a unique cross-departmental team comprising staff from the Australian Government departments of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities and Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. Staff from both departments jointly manage delivery of Caring for our Country and develop and implement environment and resource management policies.
Located in Canberra, AGLC has responsibility for program delivery, liaison with state and territory agencies, regional bodies, community organisations (including Landcare and other non-government organisations) and administration of funding under the Caring for our Country initiative. The team is also responsible for policy and program design including:
- conservation incentives and biodiversity policy
- forest policy, Regional Forest Agreements
- Indigenous policy coordination including department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities input to Northern Territory Emergency Response and Healthy Country, Healthy People schedule
- Community Water Grants and
- sustainable resource access and use.
Australian Government Land and Coasts includes six branches:
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Grants and Sustainable Agriculture
- Finance and Aquatics
- Indigenous Policy
- Landcare and Regional Delivery Improvement
- Policy and People